A walk by the river

Railroad bridge

The spider of this web is going to be disappointed when it sees it is only catching leaves.


Very noisy House Wren.

Two whitetail fawn. So cute, I wish I could have been closer and gotten more pictures before they went back up in the trees.


This is a Northern Pearly Eye butterfly. I couldn't get this one to open up it's wings. I like to try and get a picture each of them open and closed. Sometimes the colors and markings between the two are so different.


This is called a Question Mark because of the white comma shape with the offset dot on the hind wing. There is one called a Comma, it is missing the little white dot. I couldn't get a good shot of it with wings open. Totally different color than the underside of the wings.



Just another dragon. I have a bird book, a butterfly book and now I may need to invest in a dragonfly book since I'm starting to get a collection of different kinds.




I don't know what this is but I wasn't about to get too close to it. It appears to have a very large stinger!



When the sun finally came out this morning I went down to the river and here are some things I saw along the walking path. I went looking for the Cuckoo bird but did not see it today.

Comments

Popular Posts