Green Heron




Went to Fairbury last Saturday morning. I left as the sun was coming up and tried to get to Crystal Springs before the sun came up but didn't quite make it. It was still a great morning. I kept scoping out the backwater and was just about to give up when I heard a ruckus. I went back to look and there were 3 Green Heron chasing each other around. I couldn't believe it! I watched them waiting for them to settle down. Two of them took off but this one stayed around for a long time. Oh, how I wish I had that really awesome 400mm lens! I did get some decent shots but I know they would have been much better with that lens. Anyway, hope you enjoy. If you ever run across one, stop for a moment, they are fun to watch.


I've been told that they've been spotted here in Beatrice too, down on the river walking path. I'll have to check it out.

Comments

Popular Posts