A Happy Mothers Day Indeed!


I don't know if she's just taking a look around, or if she is squirting out those eggs at this point. She has a pretty determined look on her face. :-)


Presto! We have Bluebird eggs. She left shortly after laying them. I hurried and took a couple shots before she came back.


I watched them all day today...at 4:15 pm (CDT), Mrs. B laid 3 eggs. And on Mothers Day, how appropriate. Now my bird books says they usually lay 4-5 and one each day until the clutch is complete, but I swear when I looked a 1/2 hr. before, there were none in that nest. She must have been tired of carrying those eggs around. Incubation takes about 12-14 days and fledging 15-18 days. They are one of the few birds that will let you handle the nest and babies and still come back to the nest. How cool is that!!

Comments

Needsnow said…
Yeah....awesome, awesome, awesome!

Popular Posts