CS5--In The Shadows

How to fix those photo's when your subject is in the shadows.

Open a photo where your subject is in the shadows.
Under "filter" choose "convert for smart filters".  This lets you apply the adjustment as if it was an adjusment layer (meaning you can re-edit it later).
Now choose Adjustments from the Image menu and select "shadows/highlights. Check mark "show more options".
Play around with the sliders until you get the desired look you want.
If you need to tweak these changes, because in step one you applied this as a "smart filter", you can go to the layers panel, double-click directly on the words "shadows/highlights and the "shadows/highlights dialog box will appear again, with the settings you used previously.  Make any changes and select OK.

Once I was done with all that.  I also had to add some brightness to get what I wanted.

These are just the rough directions but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Here are the before and after of the photo that I practiced on.


Comments

What About Me? said…
Hello,
Thank you for this post. I will sure try it out on the pictures. Have been having some issues with shadows :)

Popular Posts