Winners


I was prodded a little this year to put some pictures in our county fair Open Class. So I figured what the heck. Well.........


.....remember that Monkey picture some of you voted on for the Omaha zoo contest...It was considered as Reserve Champion!! They told me that meant that the judges couldn't decide between mine and the one they ultimately picked as Overall Best of Show. WOW!! that meant I got some extra mooola and an extra gift card in my envelope. YEA! That picture also won Best of Lot which was a big purple ribbon, a gift certificate for a portrait sitting plus one free picture and a regular first place blue ribbon. I was really excited.


I also won a Best of Class in the B&W pet category with a picture of PeeWee. I got gift certificates for that also.


We were allowed up to ten photos, one from each of several different categories, plus 1 theme photo. I only entered the 10. Out of the ten photos I received 6 first place blue ribbons and 4 2nd place red ribbons. On top of the sponsored prizes you can win you get money for each Blue and Red ribbon. I think I came out pretty good and my ego is really huge right now :0) It really makes me feel good to have some recognition, that is the best part. All the other stuff will be gone in a short time, but that I will always have.

Comments

Needsnow said…
I'm really glad we went to the zoo that day! I'm really glad you've invested in some good lenses. I'm really glad you're such a good learner! Way to go!!!!!

Popular Posts